This book has been written specifically for marketers. It teaches how to use AI to improve marketing efficiency. The book includes definitions of AI terms, illustrations, case studies for all marketing components: the customer journey, marketing mix, customer lifetime value, marketplace segmentation, social media engagement, merchandising, customer service , etc.
Author: Jim Sterne
Publisher: Wiley (2017)
Pages: 368 pages
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1. Welcome to the Future
- Welcome to Autonomic Marketing
- Welcome to Artificial Intelligence for Marketers
- Whom Is This Book For?
- The Bright, Bright Future
- Is AI So Great if It’s So Expensive?
- What’s All This AI Then?
- The AI Umbrella
- The Machine that Learns
- Are We There Yet?
- Machine Learning’s Biggest Roadblock
- Machine Learning’s Greatest Asset
- Are We Really Calculable?
Chapter 2. Introduction to Machine Learning
- Three Reasons Data Scientists Should Read This Chapter
- Every Reason Marketing Professionals Should Read
- We Think We’re So Smart
- Define Your Terms
- All Models Are Wrong
- Useful Models
- Too Much to Think About
- Machines Are Big Babies
- Where Machines Shine
- Strong versus Weak AI
- The Right Tool for the Right Job
- Make Up Your Mind
- One Algorithm to Rule Them All?
- Accepting Randomness
- Which Tech Is Best?
- For the More Statistically Minded
- What Did We Learn?
Chapter 3. Solving the Marketing Problem
- One-to-One Marketing
- One-to-Many Advertising
- The Four Ps
- What Keeps a Marketing Professional Awake?
- The Customer Journey
- We Will Never Really Know
- How Do I Connect? Let Me Count the Ways
- Why Do I Connect? Branding
- Marketing Mix Modeling
- Customer Lifetime Value
- One-to-One Marketing—The Meme
- Seat-of-the-Pants Marketing
- Marketing in a Nutshell
- What Seems to Be the Problem?
Chapter 4. Using AI to Get Their Attention
- Market Research: Whom Are We After?
- Marketplace Segmentation
- Raising Awareness
- Social Media Engagement
- In Real Life
- The B2B World
Chapter 5. Using AI to Persuade
- The In-Store Experience
- On the Phone
- The Onsite Experience—Web Analytics
- Closing the Deal
- Back to the Beginning: Attribution
Chapter 6. Using AI for Retention
- Growing Customer Expectations
- Retention and Churn
- Many Unhappy Returns
- Customer Sentiment
- Customer Service
- Predictive Customer Service
Chapter 7. The AI Marketing Platform
- Supplemental AI
- Marketing Tools from Scratch
- A Word about Watson
- Building Your Own
- Chapter 8 Where Machines Fail
- A Hammer Is Not a Carpenter
- Machine Mistakes
- Human Mistakes
- The Ethics of AI
- What Machines Haven’t Learned Yet
Chapter 9. Your Strategic Role in Onboarding AI
- Getting Started, Looking Forward
- AI to Leverage Humans
- Collaboration at Work
- Your Role as Manager
- Know Your Place
- AI for Best Practices
Chapter 10. Mentoring the Machine
- How to Train a Dragon
- What Problem Are You Trying to Solve?
- What Makes a Good Hypothesis?
- The Human Advantage
Chapter 11. What Tomorrow May Bring
- The Path to the Future
- Machine, Train Thyself
- Intellectual Capacity as a Service
- Data as a Competitive Advantage
- How Far Will Machines Go?
- Your Bot Is Your Brand
- My AI Will Call Your AI
- Computing Tomorrow